I LOVE to hear from my readers! Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice though!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pink or Blue? That is the question…

Ever since we announced it to our family and friends it has been so fun to ask them what they think the baby will be. I can't wait to find out what we are having and feel so impatient! So taking polls with everyone makes it a fun game for me to pass the time.

I have a friend at work who is also pregnant and we decided it would be fun to take a poll with people at work to see what everyone thought we were having. It was fun to see all the different thoughts. At first EVERYONE was saying I was having a girl and she was having a boy. We did not have anyone voting opposite of that. Then all of a sudden the votes flipped and the ending results was Girl for Hailey, boy for me. 


Of course that game didn't last long so I needed more entertainment so whenever I need to kill time (or when I'm procrastinating homework) I like to find different "gender predictors" online and see what they say. :)


Here are some of my results.

Chinese gender predictor says BOY

Mom quizzes says BOY

Old wives tale quiz says its 50% chance GIRL and 50% BOY (well duh, I thought that was common knowledge)


And then there are the old wives tales of course.... (some of them I can't apply quite yet, but here are the few I can)

  • The hair on your legs is growing faster during pregnancy so it's a  BOY

  • Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy. You are having a BOY.
  • The maternal grandmother doesn't have gray hair (dyed or natural), so its a GIRL
  • You didn't have morning sickness early in pregnancy, so it will be a BOY.
  • You are not looking particularly good during pregnancy. Therefore, it must be a GIRL, because girls steal their mother's looks.
  • Your chest development has been quite dramatic during pregnancy. You should expect a GIRL.
  • Since the sum of the mother's age at conception and the number of the month of conception is even, it will be a BOY.
  • You are craving sweets, which means that it is a GIRL.
  • Your nose hasn't changed during pregnancy, which indicates a GIRL.
  • You have been craving fruits, so it is a GIRL.
  • Your baby's heart rate is 140 or more beats per minute, so it's a GIRL.
SO far its 8 things pointing to GIRL and 7 pointing to BOY... 

 I can't wait to see what it is for real!  We made our appointment to go find out, but after hearing everyone's mishaps of being told the wrong gender I'm a little nervous, and might push back the appointment later...


How about all you mothers out there? How far along were you when you found out what you were having? Did you wait til 20 weeks or go earlier?





4 comments:

Shandi and Alex said...

They could tell at 13 weeks that we were having a boy... he was anything but shy. Obviously, it's easier to tell when it's for sure a boy. Unless the baby is being shy/stubborn, you'll have no problem finding out at 20 weeks! As for the old wives stuff... I craved sweets AND my mom doesn't have gray hair and I still had a boy. =) You'll be thrilled either way and I can't wait to hear the news!!!!

Thomas and Amanda Provstgaard said...

I found out at 15 weeks and it was right. I cant wait to hear what you're having!

Unknown said...

That is good to know! we have an appointment set for 17 weeks, but I have been told by quite a few people that even when they went in at 20 weeks they were told they were having a girl, and then a little bit later the doctors told them it was actually a boy! so I guess we will see! I can't wait!

Nick, Alex, & Nixon said...

I agree with Shandi. If it's a boy you'll most likely know (unless the little guy is being shy). We sure did! I waited until 20 weeks but only because thats how it all worked out. If i could've done earlier I so would have. I was SOOOO impatient. Plus then you get to do one then and the 20 week one you have to do to see about the heart and everything else. Can't wait to hear!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...