I LOVE to hear from my readers! Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice though!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Drum roll please.....

The day finally came! After much counting down, and much anxiety, (extreme anxiety), I finally got to find out what my little babe is! I was going to make you solve the riddle that I sent to mine and Spencer's siblings, but I decided to spare you the time and just tell you.... so today at about 9:15 am, we found out that we will be having a.....................................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................................................


 
GIRL!!!!


The proof!

The top one he took so that we could have a full body shot, and the second one is the proof of gender!


Now for some fun story time....
Can I just say how much I LOVE our ultra sound tech! He is SO funny, and makes me laugh the entire time. Before we went in, I was nervous he wouldn't be able to see the gender. I kept saying Karma was going to bite me in the butt for pay back for my mom. Apparently when she went to find out what I was, I had my legs crossed and my hands tucked in, so there was absolutely NO WAY  I would let them see me. Luckily my little girl decided she would be nice to me :) 

It took the Dr. no time at all to find the perfect shot showing the gender. The first shot he found he called the "toilet seat shot",  saying it was what it would look like if she was sitting on the toilet and we were looking up, (don't know why I would be in the toilet looking at her bum, but I'll go with it I guess). Another view he was went to he called the "lack thereof shot, meaning even though you couldn't see proof a girl's genitals, there was no view of the any boy genital, (hence the lack thereof).

The Dr. said she is DEFINITELY a girl, he kept on saying "YUP its a girl, no doubt about that." He even said that if he was wrong, and the baby ended up being a boy, he would pay for his college tuition. SO I guess at least we have college expenses paid for if he is wrong :) 

************

I waited a little while to tell my family the news, because I wanted to do something fun. So they had to endure the torture of not knowing ALL day. But it was sure fun for me... here are some of my fun/ funny conversations I had with some of my family members today....

Conversation 1 (between older sister and me)

Tiffany: BOY? 

Me: I'm not telling anyone yet, I have a fun way I want to tell everyone
Tiffany: Just say yes or no. I won't tell a soul

Me: You'll just have to wait...
Tiffany: I'll take that as a yes!

Me: (smiling to myself) Take it however you want but I want confirm or deny it :)

Conversation 2 (between my Mom and me)

Mom: (after just telling her I was shopping) What color are you shopping for?
Me: haha gender neutral :)

Mom: oh just give me a hint!
Me: ok.... its a BABY!

Mom: Just tell me! Did the dr have a hard time finding the gender?
Me: Nope! He found it so fast! 

Mom: Oh its a BOY! I knew it! It has a wee wee! 
Me: I'm not saying!

*******


Oh I just LOVED messing with them and LOVED the fact that they think the KNOW the correct answer. It made the torture even more worthwhile!!


So when I finally did tell them this is how I did it....



For my sisters who don't live near, I made this image on adobe and emailed it to them (I found the riddle online and thought it was way cute!) For the record the "similarity" between these candy bars was that they had No Nuts which equals GIRL :)

I also did a similar thing for Spencer's brother that lives nearby, but I actually put the candy in a bag, with the note tied to it. Then just to be funny we tied two balloons to the bag, one pink and one blue, put it on the porch and doorbell ditched them. :)

For my Mother, my little sister, and Spencer's Parents we read them a poem that I wrote and gave them a bag with pink and blue M&M's.
This is how the Poem went:

Boy or Girl that is the question,
We’ve asked everyone, ‘what is your impression’?
What do you think is the gender of our baby?
Do you think you guessed it right? Well maybe, just maybe.

Ten Tiny fingers and ten Tiny toes.
Boy or girl, nobody knows!
While truthfully we think either will be nice,
We wanted to know whether it would be snakes and snails, or sugar and spice?

So do you think the babe will be dressed in Pink?  
Or what about blue, what do you think?
Will it be all about sports and bugs and dirt?
Or all about shoes, and bows, and a frilly skirt?

Do you give up would you like a clue?
Take these treats the pink and the blue,
Count how many of each to end your confusion,
Which one has more? Well there’s your conclusion!

At this point we gave them bags of pink and blue M&M's. but we didn't want to make it too easy! we decided to play a little trick on them, we put even amounts of blue and pink, just to confuse them a little. After we had our fun we read the rest of the poem.
 
Boy or girl that is the question!
Do you want to know? Well here is our confession!
While either one we would really enjoy
Coming this fall, won’t be a boy!

IT’S A GIRL!!!

2 comments:

Thomas and Amanda Provstgaard said...

Congrats! That is SO exciting!

PiccaDilly said...

Shopping will be much more fun now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...