I LOVE to hear from my readers! Please feel free to comment. Keep it nice though!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Gingerbread houses

I have been wanting to do gingerbread houses for the longest time! It has been years since I have made some, so this year I insisted we made some, but it couldn't be any gingerbread houses. I wanted to actually make the gingerbread houses with homemade cutouts actually made from gingerbread cookies. So we got a recipe from spencer's mom and attempted to make them. Apparently there were some tricks to make the dough that would help the houses to be hard enough to stand. So our attempt ended in failure. I was so embarrassed. All of the cookies were so flimsy that no one's house would stand up without collapsing in on itself. Oh well maybe next year

Here are pics of the attempt/failure... 


 

rolling out the dough

  Kevin and Jeni's attempt

 Spencer's attempt



 Savannah's attempt/ disaster

  It was very messy business

  Dylan's end result; he actually did pretty good (sorry for the sideways pic)

 Dylan and Savannah
 
The whole crew! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...